Friday, August 6, 2021

 At PT yesterday we (wisely!) skipped the step-ups, and while there are some after-effects, they are less drastic.  So even if it's two steps forward and one step backward, I continue in the right direction!


Since I was still doing well afterward I stopped at the pool store to get a new net.  With all the holes in ours I was pretty much just spinning my wheels trying to skim out the smaller stuff.


On the plus side, I had been rescuing countless bees from drowning (one disoriented bee twice, after it landed right back into the water), as well as one grasshopper and one moth.  Unfortunately scooped out many more dead bees, though didn't feel too badly about all the flies that drowned.  

We currently have a number of flies in the house that we haven't been able to swat, and this morning I noticed three of them having a 'conference'.



I certainly enjoyed the finals of the women's 10 meter platform diving last evening, though was greatly disappointed that they didn't show all the rounds, at least for the top divers.  However they did start airing in time for everyone to see 10s across the board on TWO dives for the young Chinese diver! Quan Hongchan "achieved perfection", and shattered the Olympic record.  Talk about a well-deserved gold medal!


 Quan just turned 14 in March [if the games had been held on time last year she would have been too young to compete!] and is the youngest athlete representing China in Tokyo, but she looked like a seasoned veteran from her stance at the top of the platform to the moment she completed a splash-less entry into the pool.  In her first major international competition she totaled a 466.20, obliterating the previous Olympic record of 447.70 and capturing her first gold in dominant fashion.

Naturally I was rooting for American Delaney Schnell to earn the bronze medal (it was evident the two Chinese divers had a lock on the gold and silver.)  For a while that looked good for her, though she ending up placing fifth "after a performance that featured solid dives but was not as sharp as her showings in the preliminary and semifinal rounds.  Schnell entered the competition having already won a silver with partner Jessica Parratto in women's synchronized 10m platform competition."


This morning I was up at 4:00, and once it got light I was out back doing more yardwork.  But by 6:30 I was sweating up a storm so I quit and came back inside.  Plenty of time to take a shower before heading out to the chiropractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment