Monday, August 9, 2021

 Pokey's new section of hose now allows him to reach both ends of the pool, and while he still misses random spots in his meandering at least they're few and far between.  So with a little help from me, while I'm in the water netting the surface, the pool is staying nice and clean.  

I did lose count yesterday of how many times (after more than half a dozen) that I rescued the same bee. (He was the only one around.)  I'm thinking he was possibly brain damaged from near downing, because every single time I scooped him out and deposited him on the deck, each time farther and farther from the edge, he immediately headed right back in despite me trying to 'detour' him.  I even gave him water on the deck (assumed he was thirsty) but finally gave up and went back to netting.  I did take pity on him and save him from floundering one last time, but there is a limit, right?


Did a little yardwork yesterday, as did Tom, and naturally we both find the pool a good way to cool off afterward!  Today we were both up before 4:00, and "as soon as it gets light" he plans to weed-eat.  That always makes such a big difference.



I resumed working on the jigsaw puzzle yesterday after I had avoided it for a few days because I had gotten pretty discouraged.  Happy to say I did make progress, though there is still a long way to go.

Of course that's how I feel about my foot also!




THIS was on the news yesterday -

A 7-month-old boy has died in a hot car here in Phoenix in August after his mother left him "to go shopping for several hours" at a mall. And "no charges have been filed" - WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment