Thursday, August 12, 2021

My foot has continued to be "okay", meaning that I can hobble around the house in limited spurts.  But with my 'deadline" approaching it's not doing well enough for me to reasonably consider heading up to Colorado, despite what Alex thinks. 



Mary brought along her pix when she came over on Tuesday.  She got some good ones, and I loved hearing more about her trip!  Mary also brought over the fabric she brought home (there was a brief shopping opportunity their last day) and has offered to share some with me!


Irrigation went well on Tuesday (and yes, we did get rain Monday night) though it soaked in pretty fast.  The trees and shrubbery should be somewhat happier, and here's hoping there are no further interruptions and subsequent cycles run on time!


Jim had a Friday slot reopen in his schedule (at least through December) and I was going to start up this week to replace Sunday.  But instead I will be going to a memorial lunch for Denise.  She was a quilter in the VOS group, and at my very first retreat I'd been seated next to her.  Despite her health issues she was upbeat and friendly - and it didn't hurt <g> that (not knowing whose placemat was whose) she hoped that she won mine during the exchange that year.  (She did - and was thrilled.)  Denise will be greatly missed by all.


During the meeting at Foothills yesterday I worked on binding a UFO from a long-ago VOS retreat.

Afterward I headed over to Ruth's house to "shop" for possible fabric to border the charity panel quilt.  As it turned out none of her blues would work (that slate blue is a difficult color to match) but we did spend several very enjoyable hours chatting - and hope to do it again.


On my way home I stopped in at TOQS and found a batik that will make a perfect border.  I purchased a yard (which was even on sale because it had that month's color.)  But then at check out it ended up costing me less than a dollar!

Apparently I had earned a $10 store credit for having reached the magic substantial number (DON'T ASK) in accumulated spending.


 

Tom, Alex and I dined at Carrabba's last evening, and it was delicious (no surprise there!) I ate reasonably healthy, dining on salad, salmon, and broccoli.  (Of course I also downed a lot of bread while we waited for dinner to arrive; love their seasoned dipping oil.)  Still, I was feeling good about my culinary choices... at least until Alex ordered their decadent chocolate cake, drenched in chocolate sauce. (And we know exactly just how decadent because the menu includes the calorie count for everything.)  I'd thought I was full <g> but "somehow" managed to chow down on (at least) a third of the generous serving.  

Also thought dinner was going to be my treat - but Alex grabbed the bill. 


Didn't expect to sleep well last night after all that chocolate, but did okay (10-4) so I should be somewhat productive this morning.   Hoping to make progress on quilting the project I'm planning to send Marcela for the charity auction so I can get back to fun stuff!


Wonderful news from Marilyn yesterday: GREAT NEWS!!! Birdie, the dog who was crated inside her owner’s car when it was stolen 4 weeks ago, is home safe and sound!

From the photos it's difficult to tell who's happier!  

V.C. Devaney is feeling relieved. BIRDIE IS BACK!!!!The PI was able to network until whomever had her contacted him to collect the reward. Thank you so much for making hiring a private investigator possible!





It's PT again this afternoon.  Should I attempt the step-ups again?



No comments:

Post a Comment