Thursday, August 26, 2021

Yesterday was Sew Day at Foothills, and we had a good-sized turn-out.  

Here are just some of the ladies at work at a couple of the tables. 



I spent the morning hand-sewed the binding onto one of Ellen's cute panel charity quilts.  Unfortunately with my head down it gave me a headache, just like when I would work on counted cross-stitch after not doing that for a while.   It made me fairly miserable (and lasted all day) despite a couple of doses of Tylenol, but happily is considerably better this morning.


 

Yolanda had quilted my cat quilt, and I've brought it home to finish it up with binding. 

I don't seem to have any more of the turquoise I used for the pinwheels (at least I can't find it) but think this turquoise batik with pink blobbies should tie in well.


Lora Zmak had posted on FB: Yay! I received a ribbon at the quilt show this weekend. Thank you, Delta Quilters! (Brentwood California) Pattern is from a book called When Quilters Play.



Ellen brought her copy this morning so I could take a look at it, and I loved it.  She offered to loan it to me, but who knows when I'll get around to starting it.  Each PP block is quite detailed and thus somewhat intimidating.   My (lifetime?) PLAN would be to do one block at a time in between other projects - so I would need to buy my own copy.  EXCEPT that a search on the 'net did not bring up it up anywhere (though it did show me another one of Ruth McDonald's books.)



On the way home I dropped off a bag of art 'supplies' for Nancy at Park Meadows.  With people moving or retiring I didn't expect to see any familiar faces in the office, so was pleasantly surprised to find Carol working there.  It turned out she was subbing for someone that day, so we had a chance to chat and catch up a little.



I've got PT in a bit, so guess I'd better have breakfast, shower, and get dressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment