Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Yesterday was Ryan's last day at PT (from now on I will be working with Lori) and he added one new exercise, an adjustment to my calf raises.  I have been doing them pretty much since the beginning of PT, both feet at once, and before long I could do them without any support.  

But yesterday Ryan wanted me to try doing them just on my right foot.  Since I'd been doing them for so long with no difficulty I was surprised to find that was NOT happening - at least not until I used the counter to support most of my weight.  I plan to practice that here at home, hoping to need less and less support.  But until I can do the single foot calf raise all on my own we are not going to add the dreaded step-ups.


Afterward, still doing well, I made a trip to Target.  Mostly I needed to return the flag bathing suit I'd gotten for Tom for his birthday (since he had 'admired' Alex's last summer) but which he'd never tried on.  After a few 'reminders' he finally admitted he 'wasn't likely' to wear it.  At least it was easy enough to return, with the amount credited back to my card.  


In theory I was mainly there for TIDE (which Alex keeps threatening to pick up since he's been doing all his laundry here, though 'somehow' <g> he never remembers it when he's at the store) and a birthday card.  Naturally I did have some other things on my list, and my total ended up being about $65 - but any time I get out of Target for under $100 I consider it 'successful'.  


Have to admit there was one impulse purchase...


I'd never tasted them (in fact didn't even know these existed) 
but certainly NO SURPRISE that I found them scrumptious! 


 
Now I'm wondering if doing this will use up some of the calories...


Instead of using the motorized cart that was offered to me, I was able to navigate well with just the regular cart to hold onto.  And despite a post-PT "workout", my foot didn't seem to object.


  

Last night I woke up around midnight, when Tom's phone (loudly) announced a windstorm alert.   When I heard the back door open I was a little concerned, and got up in time to see him walking back to Alex's, which was also concerning.  Turned out he'd seen Alex out in front of his place when he was filming the lightning show.


Of course the wind and rain made a mess of the pool, and sadly Creepy is NOT happy (again!)  I had to fight to get a leaf away from him, and then there was no suction. Tom emptied the leaf basket (though it was only 1/3 full), and even backwashed twice, but to no avail.  Nothing more we can do, so I made a call to our pool people, who will be sending someone out tomorrow. 


More than two weeks after I'd ordered Brownie's portrait from My Pooch Face I still hadn't received the proof (which was supposed to be sent out "within 3-5 business days") so last Tuesday I sent them a pleasant e-mail.  I asked if there were any problems, and even included my phone number, but got no reply.  


This morning I called them during their business hours (they're on the East Coast so yesterday afternoon when I got home it was too late) but the call went immediately to voice mail.  I left a message, though at this point was beginning to wonder if the site was a scam.  

Happily I did get a return call, from Jessica, who said an e-mail with the proof had been sent to me.  Needless to say I never received it (and no, it wasn't sitting in the junk folder.)  Long story short(er), after several attempts she did manage to get an e-mail with the proof to come through.  The good news is that I'm basically pleased with the rendering, though did ask if they can "lower" Brownie so that there is a little more background above his ear to match the sides/bottom.  Jessica is going to check and get back to me.



Did legs again at the gym today; 
we both forgot that I'd done them on Sunday.



No comments:

Post a Comment