Friday, August 20, 2021

At PT I'm now working with Lori officially, though I did see her a couple of times when Ryan was out of town.  Yesterday, when discussing how I'm doing, I did mention that my next goal (now that I reached my first one, of walking!) is to negotiate the step at the front door, so she had me doing mini step ups using a weight plate.  

My efforts were laughable, but at some point they should get better.  

As expected it set my foot back a bit for the rest of the day, but on the plus side I am walking today without too much of a limp.  I'd like to continue working on that exercise at home, so at the gym this morning I asked if I could sign out one of their weight plates.  The young woman at the front desk was kind enough call and ask, but the powers-that-be denied my request.

So I asked Jim if he had any at home he's not using, and he's pretty sure he does.  Hopefully he will find one and bring it to the gym on Tuesday.


When I got home from PT yesterday, a little after 2:00, Bennie and the three oldest kids had just recently arrived for their swim date.  Though they had "signed up" for 1:00, happily they were running an hour late.  I was very happy not to have missed the fun.


Julianna really wanted to play with Brownie, 
though he was not terribly cooperative.


Alex took a break from work and popped over to say hi.


Most of the time was spent in the shallow end, though the diving board did see some action.



The pool, at least the shallow end, was reasonably clean since first thing that morning I had swept the silt into the deep end.  When Corey arrived in the late afternoon (they have been slammed) it turned out that the impeller inside the pump was jammed because the basket in there had cracked and let some grass-type stuff through. (We now have a new basket.)



At least it was an easy fix, and Creepy was once again up and running!  Corey suggested we let it run all night, which was a good plan.  But after he left I kept having to disengage Creepy from the drain at the bottom, and then after dinner I got into the pool and helped him until dark.  I wasn't really surprised that when I got up this morning Creepy was stuck on the drain again, and once again I helped him out. When Van arrived this morning for our weekly servicing he was pleasantly surprised to see the pool was in pretty good shape.




It has remained extremely muggy, though with no rain in the forecast 
that should become less and less of an issue.  



According to the local news, we'd gotten measurable rain at Sky Harbor six days in a row of (and most of those days it was several inches.)  The last time we had six consecutive days of measurable monsoon was back in the 1960s!




Because of the Olympics we got behind on watching taped episodes of Jeopardy, and now have been busily catching up.  On one we watched this evening, the Final Jeopardy about penguins.  Of course <g> I knew it - though none of them did.  And the other evening there was another Final Jeopardy I answered correctly when none of them did.  


I do feel smart on those occasions!



Looking for something to watch tonight I came across Season 1, Episode 1 of Outlander.  I really enjoyed the book series by Diana Gabaldon (who was born in Arizona and grew up in Flagstaff.  She earned a bachelor of science in zoology from NAU, a master of science in marine biology from UCSD, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and a PhD in behavioral ecology from NAU.)  Though I had never watched any of the series (too often adaptations of books are huge disappointments) I decided to give it a try.  May have found my next binge...

No comments:

Post a Comment