Saturday, August 7, 2021

 I had looked forward to yesterday's chiropractor appointment; more walking has meant more limping, and my lower back has not been happy.  One simple adjustment cracked (at least) half a dozen vertebrae back into place, sounding (and feeling) wonderful.


He then offered me a new treatment, in the area of functional neurology, in hopes of retraining my brain to walk correctly without pain.  I was definitely willing to give it a try!  


It involved a vibrating tool strapped over my right ankle (which felt good), and a laser light held to the left side of my skull behind my ear, while I walked in place (holding onto a bar for stability) for over five minutes.  Afterward I seemed cured and walked without limp - though the effects didn't last long, and once home (after the half hour drive) I was back to limping.  He's been researching FN, and we'll see what he wants to try next, at my appointment, in two weeks.


Instead arriving in the early morning, yesterday the pool guy showed up mid-afternoon, and in the heat was really pleased at how clean I've been able to keep the pool (thus making his job easier.)  With the leaf basket emptied (it was getting fairly full, but as difficult as it was for both Tom and him to get it open, we'd left that fun chore to him) Creepy should work even better for the next few days.  We also 'let' Van add back another length of hose (we'd shortened Creepy's length at some point, hoping that would help with the suction) so Creepy should get to more of those neglected ends.  However I haven't yet been out this morning to check on that.


Yesterday's mail included a flyer for an Open House today at the 'new' house on Morrow (basically behind Joy and Dick's property) that we watched go up some years ago.  The asking price is 1.2 million dollars (!) and with nothing on my agenda (except yardwork and sewing) I plan to stop over and check it out.  I do know it has a basement, which is unusual here in rocky Arizona (though is helpful for keeping cool in summer our heat.) 



I've been waking up early, and thus crashing early, and so it's been a vicious cycle.  



This "morning" at 3;30 (with nothing time-dependent on my schedule) I took something to go back to sleep - and was thrilled to SLEEP IN until after 8:00!  



Maybe I'll make it to 10:00 tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment