Wednesday, August 4, 2021

After the gym I yesterday I headed straight to the dentist for the appointment to pick up my new night guard. It slipped right on, and seemed to fit perfectly, so we all through I was good-to-go. But removing it wasn't nearly as easy, and I actually needed help to pry it off. It took a couple of adjustments, but should be fine now.  I "test drove" it last night, and this morning didn't have difficulty removing it.


After lunch I headed over to Betsy's, where she helped me sandwich my quilt.  Using her table (which doesn't have the wide lip, like mine) made it easy to clamp down the backing and then the batting.  Her handy-dandy Kwik Klip definitely made it much easier to close the safety pins.  Guess I'll be ordering one of my own now.

After we finished our hard work <g> we got to play.  I loved seeing some of her many quilts - and one of these days I'll go back over with the intention of seeing ALL of them!

  


FYI she got back the biopsy results of her lumpectomy, and she will NOT need chemo!


She showed me the fabrics she's chosen for the August sunflower block. 

It's not due at Busy Bees for two weeks, but now I'm 'motivated' to get it done early.  So when I got home I looked through my stash and managed <g> to find a couple of fabrics (bright yellow for the white in the border above, and a fun green for the gold) to go with the sunflower square I brought home from the last meeting.


My foot wasn't terribly happy yesterday, and I did end up using one crutch a fair amount.  This morning it woke up doing better, and (so far!) I haven't needed to resort to the crutch.


This morning I started mitering the border corners on the panel quilt.  Here's how the first two turned out, and I'm quite pleased with the result.


Now going to take a break and see how Creepy is doing this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment