Saturday, August 14, 2021

 Karen rode with me yesterday to Denise's memorial lunch on the other side of the valley, and enjoyed her company.  It was nice to meet Denise's family (I sat next to her grandson Jason, who had lived with her; he looks just like her!) and visit with some of the VOS ladies who I hadn't seen since my last retreat (in Feb of 2019 ?)  And as a bonus, lunch was quite the spread at Lin's.  Laura was there (in her new wig, which really does look like her own hair did) and seems to be doing well. She only has one more round of chemo (though that truly depends on what her next scans show) before moving on to radiation. 


 
Saw signs that there was another Open House yesterday, and let Alex know because he was interested in checking it out.  He was hiking in Sedona yesterday, but happily got home in time to do just that.

  

Karen and I arrived back at the house at 2:00 (just as cleaners were arriving, a little earlier than expected.) The floors were nice and clean again when they left, so of course it POURED last night!  I was already asleep and missed all the sound and fury, but this morning discovered that our power had gone out at some point.  Once it was light I could see the lake on our property, and also next door in horse pasture.  So much for keeping the floors clean, right Brownie?  


There also must have been one helluva wind, because the tarp protecting the hot tub lid from the summer sun came loose - and that hadn't happened during any of previous serious monsoon winds.


This morning I took advantage of the soaking to remove more of the dirt/grass mat at the end of our driveway, making a serious dent in it before I'd had enough and quit.  


Another heavy rain (or two) and maybe 

I will be able to cross off that chore from The List.



Got the inner fern border completed on the fishing quilt yesterday ~

 and today could get the (final) outer one made.  


I do plan to stop in at TOSQ today for this month's Bag Day.  Not that I "need" anything, but do want to pick up the coupons as well as today's free gift.  



Maybe I'll swing over to Linda's after?  I'm missing the thermarest I left there a couple of weeks ago.  Since I replaced that one that I keep in the car, now I'm having to move my remaining one back and forth between the kitchen chair and the sewing chair.


Yes, I know it's a First World problem....

No comments:

Post a Comment