Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Alex arrived last night around 9:00 in the big truck.  Because it's 13' tall, tree limbs kept him from parking in the driveway (as I had suggested) so it spent the night on the street. 


We watched him back out and then maneuver the beast like it was nothing.  Of course it isn't nearly as long at the long RV he drove all over the country.  Yesterday he drove some monster loader at the warehouse (didn't mean anything to me, but Tom knew what he was talking about) so he's getting comfortable with all sorts of big equipment.



And I was wrong about his itinerary.  The truck is currently empty; today he gets to drive all around the valley (and possibly Tucson?!) to load up various equipment before schlepping it all back to CA.



He's been dealing with very long days (and way too little sleep) so he was quite tired when he arrived.  I did his laundry last night so he could skip that chore and just go crash.



Tom took the whole first day's dose of his meds as soon as I picked it up at the pharmacy mid-afternoon yesterday, and by dinnertime his toe was already feeling the positive effects.  
So I hope he finally got some sleep last night!



I, unfortunately, have been up since a little before 4:00.  Of course tomorrow, when I need to head to the airport early, would be a much better day to be on that 'schedule'!



I had been taking Brownie for twice-daily walks, though yesterday was filled with so many other things I never got around to it.  (Naturally he didn't complain!)  So now we're off to do that.  Hope he hasn't forgotten all the progress we've been making!


No comments:

Post a Comment