Wednesday, May 1, 2019

It was the usual rough start to our walk, when Brownie flopped down in the street in front of the house and watched a truck approach.  When he couldn't be enticed to move with a treat, I scooped him up and walked across 37th where I set him down - and then off we went as if all was right in the world.



By the time we returned home it was late enough for me to check in for tomorrow's flight. I scored a B1 boarding number so shouldn't have a problem getting 'my' seat, the aisle in the next-to-the-last row.  Didn't want to make printer noises while Tom was still sleeping, so I went for a soak and caught up with Linda.  



When Tom woke up I went to print my boarding pass.  Guess what?  


It took a couple of unsuccessful tries before I noticed that it was trying to access the old HP printer.  But when I managed to get into the control panel and opened the Devices and Printer section, it showed the new Canon printer with a bright green check-mark under it. 



So the new printer was actually set, correctly, as the default printer - 
and the computer "knew" it! 


THIS is why I get so frustrated with computers!!!  



I deleted the HP icon, tried again, and achieved success.  


But it sure was a lot harder (and time-consuming) than it should have been.



No sign of Alex yet this morning, but his first pick-up is scheduled for 11:00 so he should be over here some time soon to collect his laundry before he has to blast off.


Assume it will be a short 'visit', and don't want to miss him, so I'm waiting to take my shower until after he's been and gone.  But in the meantime I can get back to binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment