Friday, May 3, 2019

Everything is quite green and lush here - but there's been so much rain this spring (and it's in the forecast daily for the next 10 days) that they've had a number of trees come down at Mink Hollow.  



Driving to Riderwood this morning there was serious fog the entire way, creating very limited visibility, but it never did rain today.



Saying that Arbor Ridge is quite the maze is beyond the understatement!


When I signed in, they gave me a paper with instructions on how to get to Mom's area.... and (like virtually everyone else who visits) I got lost and needed additional help along the way.  And getting out is even worse!

  

Found Mom in the PT room, so I got to watch her session.  She did everything without using any oxygen, and after each activity they checked her sat levels, which were quite acceptable.  Hopefully that will remain the case, because it turns out that the release date is not a "done deal".  I talked with Hannah, her social worker, and got additional details.



After lunch I went over to Mom's apartment and picked up her mail, and the Rummikub game.  We got in 3 games, all close.  Good so see that her mind is still just fine - though the first thing I noticed when I got there this morning is how thin she's become.  When I mentioned that, she said she's heard that same thing 'from everyone'.  At lunch she didn't finish her soup (it was delicious, and she agreed) or her small piece of chicken, though she did manage to polish off the still-warm sugar cookie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment