Wednesday, May 15, 2019


TUESDAY:

Nurse (Rose) assessed Mom for Home Care PT, OT

I touched base with Ed (custom interiors) about grab bars - have to be squeaky wheel to get that done?  Danielle out sick, spoke to Jill in General Services.  Rods in Mom's closet will lowered on Thursday.

Drove Mom over to Town Center for her much needed haircut, and just walking to the car we were both sorry we hadn't grabbed a sweater.  COLD out!

I zipped over to Target (now we have printer cartridges for Andy to install on Sunday) and Shop Rite for groceries.  I had gotten home and had just finished putting things away (and was getting ready to sit down and ice my foot) when Mom got back.  She had to stop and rest (once) but otherwise made the walk back without issue.

Jocelle (PT) arrived around 3:00, and did a full assessment.  As I told her, and she saw for herself, it is mostly getting back her stamina and (possibly) improving her balance.  However the leg edema is bad.  Jocelle pressed, made a DEEP "hole" - and it took a long time to go back to normal.  She will let Dr. Alexion know.

Tom called - between big storm in NW and his ongoing foot issues he's putting off leaving on his trip.  Nice that now he can pick me up at airport Monday before he blasts off on Tuesday, and Brownie can stay home after all.  Once my foot issue gets resolved, maybe Brownie and I can go walking with Mary some mornings.

TIRED!  Got Mom moving earlier in the evening, and after I creamed her foot I went to bed.


WEDNESDAY:

Her rash looks better this morning, so the new cream does seem to be helping.  Going to have to see if we can find very loose socks that won't cut off any circulation.

Juana is here to clean, and in a bit we are expecting Mirza to "interview" Mom and set up an aide for her.

SO FAR this afternoon is free, so I'm hoping to take Mom over to the hearing aid place and see if they can figure out what the issue is.  It may be that some ear wax got into the device itself (that has happened before) in which case it should be an easy fix!





No comments:

Post a Comment