Thursday, May 9, 2019

TUESDAY

Claritan helped my symptoms a lot, so I guess it is allergies.

Home Depot for hand-held shower attachment and grab bar. General Services is working on getting everything installed. 
Target for assorted items.
Mom's apartment to drop off stuff, pick up mail, and then another trip to Home Depot to return one of the bars.

Mom is cleared to go home on Saturday!  So I made another trip over to the apartment to start shuttling things back over there.

Old bed will be removed tomorrow, and Chana is ordering new bed.  Another trip to Target tomorrow for new bedding.

When I got home Sandy dropped off Andy's van for service, I picked her up.  We all relaxed on deck before dinner (Andy's famous chili and more yummy salad.)

My foot has really been bothering me today.  Pain keeps migrating, and now it's the bottom of my heel.  Difficult to walk, so limping badly.


WEDNESDAY

Target for sheets/bedding.  When I was dropping them off at the apartment, General Services worker came by to see about bed.  Thought we were all squared away.  Knew there was something I wanted to  pick up while I was there, but couldn't remember.  It was the lightweight wheelchair for Thursday's trek to the ENT.
 Lovely lunch with Rachelle and Allen.  Never could connect with the program person (despite many, many stops at her office) for a spot at Rose Court, so we ate in the 'sun room' at the end of the corridor.  It was a pleasant diversion for Mom who has missed all of her usual socializing these past two months.  Tasty food, and big portions from Izi's Deli - nobody could finish!
Back to apartment to pick up wheelchair - mattress gone, but massive frame (with drawers) and headboard still there.  Another call to Danielle at  General Services.

Mom liked Andy's suggestion of switching bedroom back to original master BR (which Mom & Dad had used as their office/computer room since it was larger) so I had arranged for GS to come Thursday afternoon to move furniture between the two rooms.  Which can't be done IF that wooden king size bed frame with drawers, and "headboard" (with all its attachments) isn't out of there by then!

Bayview called; hospital bed will be delivered on Friday.  I need to be there to sign.

Another scrumptious dinner - grilled salmon, and zucchini strings.

Foot REALLY bothering me, not only difficult to walk but pain even when not walking.


THURSDAY

Need to leave early, and was worried about waking up in time (the one day I was likely to "sleep in") so I set my alarm for 6:30.  Had to leave my phone turned on, and also thought it might be the one evening that someone from AZ would call at night - but neither happened.  So up, showered, and dressed early.  Will grab a quick bite and then head over to Arbor Ridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment