Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mom crashed early last night, and then slept in this morning.  The new bed seemed a success, though it didn't hurt that yesterday's move wiped her out.  



She certainly wasn't moving fast today, but eventually tried out her 'new' shower (a hand-held sprayer that she didn't want, but it's what the powers-that-be knew she needed) and was dressed and ready when Andy arrived.... on time!!!

Everyone else was waiting downstairs... with flowers for us.  




Brunch was a success, though Mom ate nothing.  The rest of us, though, made up for it.  Maggie was her usual adorable self, and charmed everyone.


We all trouped back to the apartment, where dessert "for them that wanted" was more of last weekend's birthday cake.  We were forced <g> to store some in the freezer here, though the lion's share of it went home with them.  Think we'll see it next weekend, when we plan to do the Sunday brunch again when Marilyn is here.



I got lots more organizing done this morning, and also did 5 or 6 loads of laundry (it is a small apt-sized washer.)  Andy hooked up the computer this afternoon, though the printer ink seems to have dried up so that's not functional yet.  At some point I'll go into Mom's e-mail and delete a bunch of the spam.  I already did that on her answering machine.


Both kids called me today to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.  Alex will be home next weekend, but heading back to work (flying to Iowa?) on Monday, the day I'll be flying home.  Oh well.



My foot seems a tad better today.  I'll take whatever relief I can get!



Mom did eventually get hungry, and had a hankering for pizza.  So we drove a few miles down the road and checked out Mama Lucia's.  Their bruchetta was very, very good, but we both agreed the pizza just so-so.  Still, we left there pretty stuffed.

My thermorest came back to the apartment from brunch with Mom, but then was MIA all day. I searched the entire apartment - twice! - but it had just vanished.  Then tonight it turned up.... on top of the microwave, where Mom had set it when she was unloading.  Naturally once I found it she remembered setting it there.  Just glad it turned up.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment