Thursday, May 30, 2019

No jury duty for Marcie, so it' a GO for our Sew Day on Monday.




While I was waiting for the Riderwood shuttle bus earlier this month, I passed the time reading one of the free "newspapers", and was intrigued by an article Tech Startups Want To Check Your Memory.  

 Arizona based MindCrowd needs one million people to help test their tool.  MindCrowd, formed in 2013, hopes to determine the risk factor for Alzheimer's disease.

So today I logged on and took the test, a short-term memory exercise. 


I was shown 12 pairs of words, one pair at a time.  Afterwards I was shown (again one at a time) the first word of each pair and asked to type in the second word.  It was hard!  


The exercise was repeated (with the same pairs) two more times.  Each time concentrated on the ones I knew I had missed - so it was frustrating that I still seemed unable to remember most of them.


My score was 75%  

Given the following numbers maybe I didn't do as poorly as I thought?

For my age group the average score was 32%
For my education level the average score was 45%
Women averaged 44% (men were about the same)
Left-handed people averaged 54%

No comments:

Post a Comment