Thursday, May 30, 2019

I've been watching a lot of TV (hey, doctor's orders, right?) and not feeling guilty.  Last night on PBS I caught a NOVA program advertised as "Gravity".  That sounded interesting, and I figured I'd likely <g> learn something.


I was surprised that it turned out 'really' to be about Einstein's theory of special relativity... but even more surprised that thanks to the clear explanations (starting with the example of lightning at the railway station) I finally understand the basics of it!  Couldn't find a clip of the video, but here's a simple photo.



I was a little fuzzier about the concept of curved spacetime, but possibly because I was getting sleepy half-way through the hour... at only 8:30!


It certainly did not help that I dozed through the final 15 minutes.
Went to bed at 9:00!



Marcie didn't have to show up for Jury Duty first thing this morning, though she still has to call in at 10:15 to see if she needs to appear for the afternoon session.  If not, we should be a GO for our Sew Day on Monday, when I may start on a wedding quilt for Elena.  (This is why so most of the quilts on my List never manage to float to the top....people keep getting married, having birthdays or babies, etc.)  This morning someone on one of my quilt sites posted a top of a new twist on the traditional Wedding Ring pattern, which I really liked.  I immediately ordered (and have already printed!) the pattern.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment