Thursday, May 23, 2019

Yesterday I took a few minutes (after I finally found the clipper hidden underneath the ivy out back) and trimmed the lantana bushes out front.  What a difference that made!  


Also did a sweep of the house, and from the quantity of stuff I collected I'm pretty sure <g> that Tom never got around to sweeping during the 3 weeks I was gone.



Did make it to the grocery store yesterday (and actually "sort of" enjoyed shopping!) so now there are a variety of salads from the deli, plus makings for a 'regular' salad - and also mango and raspberry sorbets for dessert.  Afterward I swung by the bank and deposited a check, so that's done also.



I got a surprise call from Lisa yesterday; she needed Bana's phone number again (not a surprise...)  Logan has a broken ankle from a mishap at an indoor trampoline place; that is what I may hear about my ankle in a few hours.  She asked about Brownie, and since she's planning a trip to the hot springs in August with a whole group of friends she could get to meet him.



Had another successful walk last evening, up Westcott and then back down on Morrow.  Brownie took the opportunity to pee on everyone's bulk trash pile.  We don't have anything to put out this cycle, which may be the first time in 20 years that's happened.  



Did notice Dave and Neva's big dog in their front yard when we walked by (the same dog that almost comes through their front window every time I drop off empty water jugs) so I was afraid to go up to their door to let them know.  (While he stood still, he didn't take his eyes off of us, and I wasn't sure if he'd attack Brownie - or me.)  Instead I knocked on John's door next door.  He didn't have their phone number, but said the dog is friendly (who'd have thunk!) and he walked over to corral it.  However just as he got there Dave came out, so the dog is now safe.



Still haven't finished unpacking <g> but did make progress last night 
catching up on taped episodes of The Village and Grey's Anatomy.



Got a good night's sleep, and awoke to find we'd gotten more rain overnight.  So I may be able to work on the crop of weeds out front today after all, maybe after I get back from the doctor.



No comments:

Post a Comment