Saturday, May 11, 2019

The bed was delivered yesterday late morning, and should work fine.  I didn't have time to make it up (will do that later today) since I needed to head back for lunch, but we should be good to go in the apartment.  Of course there is a lot of organizing to do, but I have a whole 'nother week to whip the apartment into shape for Mom.  



I am willing to do everything EXCEPT (no surprise here...) hooking up the computer and printer.  Andy has agreed to do that tomorrow after brunch, when most of "the gang" will be over.  Emily has to take Sierra to a game in the morning so they will be missing out, but the most important person, Maggie <G> will be in attendance.  We will need to get two tables, but as long as little Maggie is at Mom's table she'll be a very happy great-grandmother!



I was surprised to find everyone home when I got back to Mink Hollow around 5:30 last evening.  Charlie and Harry are here for the weekend, so Andy grilled burgers and dogs for dinner last night.  Dessert was s'mores (which of course the boys thoroughly enjoyed) though I was a good girl and passed on them in hopes of getting a good night's sleep sans chocolate.



Still was up at 4:30 this morning (last night Andy suggested I sleep in - and I would if I could!) so there will be no problem getting over to Riderwood at a reasonable hour today.  My plan is to schlep all of my luggage up to the apartment first, then head over to Arbor Ridge to pick up Mom and hers.  No idea how long it will take for all the consultations and paperwork to check her out.  



Naturally the bed guy called me yesterday at 11:00 just as someone was coming into the room to go over Mom's medications with her, so I had to zoom over to the apartment for the delivery and missed those instructions.  Murphy's Law is alive and well... 


Without her hearing aid Mom misses a lot, and though she said she followed along with the written instructions obviously it still would have been much better if I'd been there. 



It was surprising that Pippa chose to spend the night with me instead of with the boys since she always chooses to hang out with whomever is the "newest" visitor.  Sandy had even moved Pippa's bed into their bedroom next door to mine.  But after a brief goodnight to them she elected to stay with me.  (And after the first day or so I haven't even been feeding her treats this visit!)


No comments:

Post a Comment