Thursday, May 23, 2019

Just got back from seeing the Dr. Johnson (the surgeon who did Patti's complicated ankle surgery a few years ago.)  While the x-rays didn't show anything, that's most often the case with stress fractures.  But as he said, "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck", so his diagnosis (like mine) is a stress fracture.  However from his exam he said it's the heel (and not the ankle, like I thought) which would explain the heat I experienced on my heel, and how just touching it during those few days early in my Maryland visit sent me through the roof.



I left there in a walking boot, basically a removable cast which is quite an amazing bit of technology.  It pumps up for tight-fitting support. Have to remove it to drive, and once home putting it back on was trickier than it appeared when the tech did it... though I assume I will get better at it on as days go by.

  

After the tech had gone through all the steps of how to put it on, I remembered to grab my thermorest, iPad, cane, etc.  However when I was at the desk making an appointment for a month from now (if it's not better the doc may want to schedule an MRI) the tech chased me down with the shoe I had left behind under the chair, thinking I "might want it" at some point.



In other good news, I am to keep off of it as much as possible, which gives me "permission" to watch TV and read, right?



Marcie called and she's going to be able to join the lunch party tomorrow after all.  She'll pick me up, and then after she has to head off to her appointment later hopefully <g> Linda or Mary will drive me home.



Just spoke to Mom, and lots of good news at her end.  All of her in-house PT, OT, and nursing are winding down; she's been progressing well, and soon will be doing out-patient therapies downstairs.  Some of the things Sandy and I ordered my last day there have started arriving.  But from my standpoint the best news is that things are going extremely well with her aide Cynthia. 



No comments:

Post a Comment