Sunday, May 26, 2019

m

Marcela and I had such a wonderful visit yesterday!  We sat and gabbed (as always, we didn't even come close to running out of things to talk about!) while I worked on binding until we went to lunch at Wildflower.  She'd never been to one; surprisingly, they don't have that chain in California.  Though I was perfectly happy to share the spinach strawberry salad (YUM) I was not about to share a slice of chocolate cake <g> so she had to get her own.  While I finished my piece (certainly NO surprise there!) she brought some of her cake home - and then forgot it in the fridge when she left later.  



 When we got back after lunch we sat out back (Marcela wanted to get a little sun on her legs) while I continued binding in the shade.  She is doing great (I knew she would) a year and a half out from  Steve's death - and then right after that her Mom's.  When the holidays (always hard without loved ones) and the first anniversaries approached, she made the (right) decision not to make any decisions during those months.  


In happy news: Elena is engaged.


(No, not MY Alex)


Marcie (and Latina) came over to join us out back, so now both of my close friends can put a face to the other's name.  FYI I had been looking for one of my house thermorests when heading to lunch with Marcela yesterday, and decided that I had left it in Mary's car on Friday when she drove me home.  Turns out it had gotten left in Marcie's car after lunch when we drove over to Mary's and never even made it into Mary's house (because I knew I wouldn't need it there...)  Another mystery solved!  Good thing I have 3 of them (though of course one lives in my car) for exactly that reason...) 



For dinner I grilled a large salmon fillet.  It turned out perfect, 
and without Alex here to "help" me eat I have substantial leftovers.



Crashed around 9:30 last night, so it comes as no real surprise that 
after I made a bathroom run at 3:30 I never could fall back asleep.  



I can tell the boot is really helping; even though I used the cane when I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom, and there is a major difference between a booted foot and a naked one.  I am being a good girl and wearing my boot all the time, though as the weather warms up (eventually) that will be less and less pleasant.



  My plan for today is to make binding, though that shouldn't <g> take long. 


I am also thinking seriously of finishing up unpacking - 
now that I've been home about a week! 
Think it's time yet?



I spoke with Andy this morning about my concerns 
after being with Mom 24-7 for almost ten days.  


While all 3 of "us kids" are on the same page that she needs help to stay in her apartment (at least now she is on board with that, and things with aide Cynthia have started out extremely well) it's also clear to all of us that 'at some point' Assisted Living is likely in the future.  The time frame for that move is unclear, and depends on how Mom's cognitive issues (much more apparent in the evenings, as is common) progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment