Friday, May 24, 2019

Marcie, Mary and I, enjoyed a delicious lunch at Kneaders, though we were quite sorry that Linda couldn't join us.   And there in line behind us was Judy, another Foothills quilter!  She sat with us for a bit until the rest of her "regular" Friday group showed up.

Marcie's pink hair hasn't rinsed out/faded as quickly as advertised.  When she was in Oregon, her 5YO grandson Silas liked it so much he wanted to take her to school for Show & Tell!  <G>


Mary's finished up her owl placemats.
The blue fabric I suggested she use on the flying geese strip 'reads' as snow.


Look what Mary had for me today: Brownie's adorable puff quilt!
(The dark red fabric has dog houses on it - and each one sports a different name.)


Brownie likes it, of course!




I worked on binding while we chatted through the afternoon.  (We never do seem to run out of things to talk about.)  Tomorrow I really need make the binding for my scrap quilt.  Marcie has offered to attach it for me  (Dad would really be impressed with her corners!)

Mary drove me home in time for Brownie's afternoon feeding.  She hadn't seen the guest house yet (it was one of the things we talked about) and was quite impressed.



During the rest of the afternoon I took care of some other things on my list: made chiropractor and exterminator appointments, and talked to Cassidy about the insurance check for the wall repair.  Turns out it actually had arrived, Tom just didn't realize that's what was in the over-size envelope (along with all sorts of interesting paperwork) that he'd never opened.  Of course neither had I; it was sitting in the pile of mail I hadn't yet gotten around to dealing with.



Marcela called (she's in town for the weekend, and coming over here tomorrow) and then I grabbed a quick dinner (my leftover turkey raspberry salad from this afternoon) before Kathi and some of her girl scout troop arrived.  The three girls (rising 3rd graders) are working on a pet badge, and while ostensibly here to visit Pokey (and get some of their questions answered) Brownie took center stage at the beginning and was a major hit with them. 


Kathi brought along her desert tortoise Mr. T so the girls could see the substantial difference in size. Brownie was quite curious about the little guy, though Pokey did not appreciate having an interloper and made that quite clear to Mr. T.  I missed that confrontation, but Kathi said there was hissing going on between them. 
 
The girls were also excited to see my hummingbird nest collection, and also the quilts I've been working on.  Now they can put a face to my quilt that hangs in the Park Meadows office. 



The girls (and two moms) obviously enjoyed their time here - and Kathi was quite grateful I had the girls over.  But I enjoyed their visit immensely.  And so did Brownie.  Wish I'd had my camera handy, though Kathi took some pix and said she's send them to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment