Wednesday, May 29, 2019

My UFO scrap quilt is finally finished after all these years

 
It's bound (and even sporting its label),
completed just in time <g> for the hot weather.  


I am SO pleased with the finished product!


Next time somebody is over to hold it up I'll take its portrait and post it.

Wish I could get this guy to do it!



Speaking of quilts... is anyone surprised that I 'managed' to find some fabric to bring home from Busy Bees this morning?  If you are, then it's obvious...


Most of the fabric (one panel missing) that followed me home:



When Marcie and I got back from "shopping", 
we watched the PBS Nature episode on birds' eggs. 

The Egg: Life’s Perfect Invention

The egg is perhaps nature’s most perfect life support system. These remarkable structures nurture new life, protecting it from the outside world at the same time as allowing it to breathe. They are strong enough to withstand the full weight of an incubating parent and weak enough for a hatchling to break free. But how is an egg made? Why are they the shape they are? And perhaps most importantly, why lay an egg at all? Piece by piece from creation to hatching, host David Attenborough reveals the wonder behind these incredible miracles of nature.
Marcie was glad I'd saved it for her.  And even though it was the third viewing for me I still thoroughly enjoyed watching it.


Something out front really captured Brownie's attention.  He was definitely on alert, though I couldn't see anything.  Even sitting in my chair with a clear view outside, I still saw nothing when he barked a few minutes ago.


.  Though he spends a lot of time hanging out in that spot 'surveying his acres', for the first time he'd gotten up on his back paws (for a better look?)  Unfortunately by the time I'd retrieved the camera that was no longer his stance.  



No doubt once the summer weather hits (and we're having to keep the door closed) he will miss that.  But he can always sunbathe out back.


No comments:

Post a Comment