Monday, May 27, 2019

Can't exactly wish everyone a "happy" Memorial Day today, given the fact that we are honoring those who gave their lives to preserve our freedoms.




Yesterday afternoon Marcie chauffeured me to PetSmart, so Brownie has new food.  Now that I don't feel constrained to stick to the Small Breed option (which only comes in two varieties) there are a LOT of exciting flavors from which to choose next time.  That means Brownie won't have to eat the same boring stuff every day.  


FYI When I went to feed him this morning I was surprised to see that there was still some leftover from yesterday's 3:00 feeding!  I rattled his dish, but he didn't eat.  This is a first.... and not a particularly good sign.  


As always he enjoyed his visit to PetSmart (dogs to sniff at, others to bark at, places to lift his leg) though it was pretty funny when he (who can leap up into my arms, and thus has no trouble hopping into my SUV) had "difficulty" getting into her low-slung car.


I wish I'd remembered to weigh him there since he had definitely put on weight while I was gone.  (Tom possibly <g> gave him a fair amount of treats each day?)  Did loosen his halter yesterday, which had gotten quite snug.



Finished binding the Friendship Star quilt yesterday, but there's a good chance <g> I could get my scrap quilt back from Marcie today, ready to be bound.  Also got the suitcase emptied before bed - 


though admittedly a few items still need to be put away. 


Thought it was a dead moth on the floor along the wall by the couch last night, but upon closer inspection it turned out to be a sizeable spider!  Of course I would much rather come upon a scorpion (which actually could hurt me) but phobias by definition are IRrational fears.)  With no one else around to take care of the problem for me I had no other option (unless I wanted to move out of the house) than to chase it and capture it under a plastic 'glass'  Now it will have to sit and wait (and spend that time contemplating how mean - and foolish - it was to come into the house and terrify me?) until Mitch or Alex appear to truly deal with it.




I had missed Terry's call on Saturday.
Happily she tried again yesterday and we had a nice chat.


  Things are going well up in Colorado. While it wasn't surprising to hear that Neil is sleeping more, the good news is that he's eating well and still remembers how to chew and swallow. 


The house addition for Hilda has progressed to the point that Terry doubts they need any more access for large equipment and thus should be able to get the fence back up before our arrival in July.  


No doubt Brownie would prefer to roam freely, and visit the various pools and campsites instead of being contained in a yard. <g>  However he should have plenty of deer cruising by to keep him entertained when we're home and not up at the pools ourselves.  Here are some deer just outside the fence last summer.  



Our course the fence has never kept deer out of the yard...though they might think twice about jumping in if there's a dog there, especially if it's barking at them.




I thought we required major tree trimming in our yard... 
then saw this old photo someone posted on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment