Friday, May 10, 2019

Yesterday, despite playing in morning rush hour, I made all the lights and didn’t get stuck behind any school buses.  I was at Arbor Ridge just after 8:00 and found Mom in the dining room having breakfast, but otherwise ready. After her cream (her rash was back a little, but Mom thinks they missed the previous night’s application) we were out of there right on schedule at 8:30.  That put us nice and (really) early to ENT, so I expected a lengthy wait.  But they took us within a few minutes!. The doctor removed lots of wax so (not surprisingly) Mom could hear much better after that.  We were out of there almost half an hour before her actual appointment, and were going to pop upstairs to have her hearing aid checked, but it was back in her room in her rollator.  Once back there Mom tried it out again (I assumed it would work since I can hear the whine) but she says it’s not working, so we need to find a time to drive back over there.  Monday? 

The therapists had been looking for her, so as soon as we got back she headed to PT. After lunch we squeezed in a couple of games of Rummikub before I headed over to the apartment to oversee the switching of furniture between the two bedrooms.  General Services was supposed to call when they were heading over, but I knew it would take me a while to get there, and sure didn't want them to get discouraged and leave.  I was there a little after 1:30 (our window was 1-3) but they didn't arrive until a little after 4.  There were major issues with the heavy, bulky dresser so it took well over an hour to get everything moved, and then there were adjustments to be made.  But at least everything is now moved, and ready for the hospital bed to be delivered today (when I'll have to schlep over to the apartment to sign for it.)

Someone is also supposed to come by today to hang the mirror over the dresser.  
Yesterday's Bonus: Before leaving, one of the guys hammered in a nail for the HangItDangIt, so Marcie's giraffe quilt is now up.  

By the time I left yesterday (a little before 6) Rush Hour was in full swing, but I had no real trouble getting back, and beat Andy home.  Sandy "apologized" for dinner, but I thought it was perfect: delicious split pea soup, and a fully loaded salad.  Afterward we got in more Rummikub.

I started using a cane yesterday, which helped me get around somewhat better. But my heel is VERY unhappy, and hot to the touch, and there is pain all the time.  I have NO idea what is wrong, but naturally it is creating serious problems with my mobility.  And it's not like I don't have anything to do...  Tomorrow I need to pack up and move all my stuff to the apartment, make a grocery store run, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment