Sunday, May 26, 2019

When the girl scouts finally located Pokey on Friday, she was in her old stomping grounds in the corner of the jungle under the oleanders.  That's when I checked out this year's peach crop.  


Paul was worried about cutting back the tree last fall as much as we requested... but from the clusters of fruit you can see that the tree obviously didn't seem to mind at all!  


Snapped these pix this morning:  



And now with the tree at a reasonable height we'll be able to reach and harvest most of the peaches.  So far the birds haven't started in on them, but you can be sure I'll be checking them daily!  I don't mind sharing with the birds.... except they have a nasty habit of taking just one bite out of a peach and then moving on to ruin another one.




Brownie has been choosing the puff quilt over his 'regular' bed at night, and during the day I've been moving it near the couch.  You can't tell from the photo, but his tail was wagging!



I got the strips cut for my binding (while catching up on some taped episodes of  Jeopardy's Teacher Tournament) and am about to go sew them together.  After lunch Marcie is taking us up to PetSmart to pick up some more dog food and I'd like to have everything all ready to hand over.



Never did make it to the movies this morning - but tomorrow's another day!


No comments:

Post a Comment