Tuesday, April 30, 2019

When I was leaving for the gym this morning a car came speeding up to our corner (I know that no one does the posted 25, but this woman was hauling ass!) She seemed certain to run the stop sign as I laid on the horn - and she braked hard.  Yes it was scary - and then to top it off she gave ME a look as if to say, "What's your problem?"



Was not the most productive upper body workout because my shoulder continues to balk at the lightest weights on the new machines.  As I was leaving afterward, I knew I wanted to swing by the bank and pick up cash, which meant a right turn out of the parking lot toward Bell.  But when I got to the parking lot exit, which way do you think I (almost) turned automatically?



At the library, dropping off and picking up, one of the display books (there's an upcoming lecture on women at the Grand Canyon) caught my eye.


Each chapter profiled a different woman, and flipping through it I was surprised at just how many of the names I recognized.  I did find it necessary <g> to skim the entire chapter on a Havasupai woman (who died in '77, the year before I started teaching in Supai), and will add the book to my Hold list for future reading.



Tom had asked me to pick up some milk, so I popped into Walmart.  It was worth the trip, because I captured this perfect bumper sticker in the parking lot.  Think I'd like one of these!


Tom got home shortly after I did, but with no pain meds from doc - though he is going to do a second round of steroids which I picked up for him after the pharmacy called.  They did draw blood to see what his actual level of uric acid is, and he may end up on Allopurinol.  Mary mentioned that med today, saying Jack started on it after his first bout of gout some years ago... and it was his last bout!



Brownie and I made another visit to Mary's, and he got rather excited when we pulled into her driveway.  He's obviously very happy to visit, though he may not be quite so happy when he's deposited there for an extended stay.  But I know he'll be well taken care of, and 'possibly' even spoiled a bit.



Spent a fair amount of time on the phone with Bianca, in Oklahoma, making a claim on our house insurance.  Yesterday I learned that our block wall, which is leaning seriously, falls (no pun intended) under the "separate structure" category.  Since repair estimates were about $5,000 it would be worthwhile paying the $1000 deductible.  While Brownie and I were at Mary's the local adjustor called the house, so he and I are played some phone tag.  We did finally connect, I took the requested photos to load onto their site (that took a bit of doing!) and also sent the copy of the estimate we got last summer.  So things are moving along on that score, though the afternoon is pretty much shot.  I need to start laying out clothes, and do a final load of laundry this evening.


And while I was at Mary's Alex called.  He's on his way to AZ
with a loaded Penske, arriving some time tonight.



Tomorrow morning he'll deliver that load and then drive the truck right back to CA - but we should be able to catch a glimpse of him in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment