Monday, April 22, 2019

Yesterday I mowed the back yard, then the ditch & Back 40 - and before I ran out of gas (both the mower's and mine...) I also mowed around Alex's.  While I ate a fair amount of dust/dirt/pollen, everything looks SO much better.



In the afternoon Marcie and Latina popped over with the quilt pattern I ordered (and that Mike had tried to throw away!) and the 18 finished blocks to show me (along with a large pile of leftover triangles.) The blocks are turning out great!  I sent Marcie home with another dozen or so sets of 4" squares so she can make more blocks; now she'll see how it feels <g> to not be able to get ahead.



She had hoped I'd have the last border on my scrap quilt so she can get started (re)blocking it, but with a little bit of luck (!) I can get that done today.  I still have the remaining half dozen more sets to cut out for her for the Friendship Star quilt, but that will just have to wait until I deal with my last border.




Alex came by in the late afternoon yesterday, though Aja had already flown back to Wisconsin so I never did get to see her.  Tom and I got to hear about Saturday's wedding (lots of fun) and of course we were able to twist his arm to stick around for dinner before he headed out for more socializing last night with some of friends who had come in for the wedding.  Tom and I watched The Green Book, and then crashed.



Hoping to help with my insomnia issues, Alex had found a sleep app with lots of nature sounds.  I loaded it onto my iPad and fell asleep to "rain" last night - and did sleep until after 6 this morning!


When I got up this morning I found Tom asleep in his recliner.  Every year or two he experiences gout, but this has been the worst episode yet.  He's been barely able to walk, and his toe and foot are swollen and hot, but elevating his foot has seemed to help somewhat with the pain. 


And yes, I have suggested going to see the doctor since rumor has it that there are actually meds that can help with gout - but (is anyone surprised?) so far he hasn't taken that advice.  


Instead he's been 'self-medicating' by drinking lots of water.




FB is a great way to start the morning, and this absolutely cracked me up!



I did need to get a few other things to get done this morning 
before attacking that last border.



So (speaking of attacking) I used the hedge-trimmer and attacked the over-grown lantana by one of the gates.  Now it should be considerably easier to maneuver the mower through that pathway into the front yard.  Alex did ask yesterday if we needed any help in the yard....


The main thing I'd like him to do today is thoroughly scrub out Pokey's crate 
so I can store it away in the garage until we need it again next winter.  



Still have a few other things to accomplish, 
but then will get going on my last border.


No comments:

Post a Comment