Monday, April 1, 2019

Alex and I pigged out at Carrabba's last night.  That's at the top of our list of dining options on those occasions when Tom isn't joining us since he isn't a big fan anymore.  I wasn't able to finish all of my delicious Mahi Wulfe (a new item on the menu) since I had eaten a "fair" amount (okay, okay... LOTS) of bread while we waited for our meals to arrive, and then polished off the large Caesar salad that came next.  So I'm looking forward to the leftovers for a yummy lunch later.



Once home (and very soon after Alex headed off for his evening with friends) I ended up falling asleep on the couch watching TV.  Woke at 10:30 and transfered to bed, where I read for an hour.  When Tom and Tom arrived home around 11:45 I had already turned off my light, but was still awake - so Brownie's alarm bark didn't actually wake me up.



This morning I called Met Life in response to an interesting letter, addressed to the Estate of Richard B. Vance, that we got last week.  According to the paperwork he died in 2015 but his policy, which listed this address, did not specify any beneficiary.  We've lived here for 20 years, and he is not the person from whom we bought the house (or the original owner) so I have no idea when he lived here.  There were all sorts of forms enclosed for claiming the policy, though of course I had no intention of doing that.  I was pleasantly surprised that someone answered the 800 number immediately since I was expecting to be on hold for some time.  She was appreciative of the fact that I bothered to call, and has updated their records. 



Also ordered some notecards from Vistaprint, using a pic of one of my quilts, to see how it turns out.  That way Foothills and/or Busy Bees can decide if they want to print up some notecards using various pix of our members' quilts as a possible money-maker as Mary had suggested.  I added some text along the bottom, and at the very least I should soon have ten notecards of my own to use.



This morning I tried Brownie out front (without a leash) when I went to collect the emptied trash can from the curb.  It took several commands of STAY to keep him in the driveway instead of trotting to the 'curb' with me, but he did finally understand what I expected of him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment