Friday, April 5, 2019

Another early morning - 4:00 - so I'm surprised I got as much done today as I did.  Did sort-of cat nap late this afternoon, though each time I drifted off the phone rang, or the doorbell, when UPS delivered Brownie's raised cot.  Will unpack and set it up tomorrow, and hope he likes it!  Supposed to hit 95 on Monday....


At the gym this morning we needed to work around my foot, glute, and shoulder, but somehow managed.  Jim is good about that, but I'll be glad when we don't have to make special accommodations for my aging body.  Afterward I went across the street to Kohls to return most of Tuesday's purchases, and then made a trip to the pool store to get some Renew for the hot tub.  

After lunch (am definitely enjoying the apple slaw with each meal) Brownie and I shopped at PetSmart for a number of items, most importantly a new harness.  The one he wore home from the shelter has gotten snug since has put on a couple of pounds and now weighs a whopping 13#.  He's been eating well in the 5 weeks he's been with us, and it shows, though Marcie assures me that he still has a nice trim waist.  I bought more treats (we were almost out) and also snagged more coupons for his pricey dog food.  Also picked up a dog toothbrush and beef-flavored toothpaste (human toothpaste is toxic to dogs) though I haven't tried it out on him yet; that's on the agenda for tomorrow.  Brownie was a big hit with everyone, customers and staff alike, who all proclaimed him absolutely adorable.  Most, of course, thought he was still a puppy. 

Made more appointments (one for a haircut, and one with our financial advisor) but still have more yet to arrange.  Tired as I am I didn't feel like I should try to do any more sewing this morning, but IF I get a good night's sleep tonight that's on for tomorrow.

Got an e-mail about the national quilt auction, which started yesterday, so I thought I'd take a peek at what was being offered.  When I clicked on the first one that caught my eye, turns out it was made by Barbara!  No bids on it yet, so I opened.  Would love to add one of her quilts to my collection of projects made by friends.


This quilt by Barbara Polston is titled Spinning in Total Control. It is machine pieced, quilted and appliqued. Her use of black and white fabrics with Batik fabrics and hand beading creates a wonderful feast for the eyes. This quilt measures 27" x 28" and has a sleeve for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment