Wednesday, April 10, 2019

I've been meaning to stop in at the eyeglass place and have one of my loose temples adjusted, but somehow that never floated to the top of the list.  However yesterday that 'to do' item took a shortcut and zoomed up to the number one spot yesterday when I took off my glasses to leave them in the car before heading into the gym, and the temple was left dangling.  So after the gym it was a straight shot to get my glasses fixed.  



Once I had wearable glasses again I made a quick stop to pick up some eggs and Epsom salts, and then it was home to whip up some tuna salad before heading over to PetSmart with Brownie for his training session with Abby.  I was stunned at how complacent he seemed on the leash, trotting around the store (we were 10 minutes early) as if he'd never had any issues with it - kids!  (Reminded me of how cars quit making "that" noise when you take it to a mechanic!)  So I was "happy" later when he pulled his usual flop-down-and-roll-on-his-back refusal to move so that Abby could see what I'm usually dealing with.  We also worked on teaching him to sit for a treat.  I got a number of great training tips, and this afternoon we will do our homework and practice what we learned yesterday.



Monday evening I had asked Tom not to lock the drive-through gate when he left the next morning since I'd be doing irrigation, though he did (force of habit?)  


When Mitch came by to do the touch-up work at Alex's place he couldn't get in, and when he called I was 'in class' at PetSmart.  He couldn't wait around for my return since he had another job, in Sun City, to head to.



By the time Brownie finished his training session and we got home it was almost 2:30. By that time we'd had irrigation for almost an hour already, so it was quite distressing to find the front yards dry as a bone, and the back yard not much better.  I went out back (where the Back 40 was full) and closed off those two gates to try to force more water forward.  All the water in the Back 40 breached all its berms, sending some water down the street (so we could get fined... sigh) and other water into the parking areas out back - but the crucial section of the yard, out front with our mammoth shade tree, sadly got NO water.  When Tom gets back he needs to build up a number of the berms, and Engineer Bobbi thinks we might need to install a second pipe to allow for a heavier flow of water from the center ditch into the yard.  


I had let Brownie into the house (forgetting about closing off the dog door) when I went out to try to adjust the irrigation issues.  He was not a happy pooch to be left behind, racing along the fence line in the water (and mud) barking to let me know he wanted to come help me. When I came back I was so frazzled with the irrigation headache that I didn't grab him in time and wash him off on the pool step, and he zoomed right in the dog door - and directly onto the carpet.



Marcie and Latina came up for a visit, and the dogs were on their own while she and I went outside to see if any water was going to seep into the front yard. Sadly very little water even made it to the jungle, and none migrated out front.  I see manual watering in my future since that's the one tree we absolutely have to keep healthy!!!  And then a whopping water bill arriving in the mail.



Deviled the eggs and then vegged out in front of the TV for the rest of the evening.  I was a bit irritated that neither Tom nor Alex had thought to let me know they'd made it safely across the border and down to Rich & Suzie's (they should have arrived by noon) but later in the evening Alex did send this photo:



Got my camera all charged up for today's presentation at Foothills, and as long as I remember to grab the deviled eggs before heading out I should be good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment