Sunday, April 28, 2019

It didn't take long yesterday to sew the four corners once I did the necessary frog-stitching.  Then after Marcie worked her magic on it with the iron and sizing it looked incredibly better!  Monday I'll take it over to Cindy's to choose the thread color (leaning towards turquoise) to go with this bubble pattern.



Later in the afternoon I delivered the last six batches of squares so Marcie can make up the final  blocks.  As speedy as she is we may be able to play with them on the design wall today, always a fun step in the process.



Up WAY too early this morning, around 3...  :-(
 though I did remain in bed for almost another hour, hoping to fall back asleep.



Once it was light out I did some work in the Back 40 (trying to fill in the holes around the irrigation blocks so at some point we'll be able to mow around it them) which is when I lost Brownie.  He had been staying pretty close, walking back and forth with me, until my final bucket.  That's when I turned around and discovered he was MIA.  When calling and whistling did no good, I checked the entire property (sometimes he's nearby, but 'hiding' in the shade) and was just about to get the leash and go looking in the neighborhood when I spotted him across the horse pasture, visiting John's pack of greyhounds.  This time he came bounding back when I called.



At 6:30 we took his pre-breakfast walk.  He still has a serious aversion to having the leash attached to his harness (he consistently starts with a flop-and-roll-over) though once we get going he does well.  I'm going to try to acclimate him to his leash, leaving it by his food and water dishes with treats on it throughout the day.  It could work, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment