Thursday, April 18, 2019

Alex had driven back from CA with Nick (his boss) who had a funeral to attend yesterday in Phoenix.  Nick came by here afterward, and we were able to twist his arm <g> to come to dinner with us.  Tom had suggested Touch of Thai, figuring Alex would enjoy the Tahm Yum Gai soup that he (and I) like so much.  In fact that's what I ordered, but Alex seemed to be feeling better and got a "regular" meal - though he did share some of my soup.  When I see him later I hope to hear that he got a solid night's sleep and is feeling even better today. 



Turns out that Nick is attending the same wedding on Saturday that Alex is, so it's probable that the groom is a Rockstar employee.  Alex will be picking up his new suit today and then having the necessary alterations done.  He does need to buy shoes/shirt/tie to go with it, and Nick mentioned that he also needs to buy a shirt for the occasion.  I see a trip to the mall in their future!


Alex cleans up nicely, though the last time I saw him in a suit was probably when he went to prom.  I'm looking forward to seeing him all dressed up before he heads to the wedding - and hope he lets me take some photos for posterity!



Did some laundry and house cleaning this morning, and now I'm off to the chiropractor.  After I get home I hope to make more progress on Marcie's quilts.  Once those are finished I can get started on cutting the 4" squares for the gray quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment