Friday, April 19, 2019

At the chiro yesterday, Stephanie loved the bird leggings I was wearing - and after I showed her how buttery soft they are she wanted to get some for her niece.  When I got home and checked on the Ruffles and Spikes web address for her, I ended up ordering a couple on clearance: one for Aja (dachshunds in sweaters) and one for Tami (gingerbread men.)  They have already shipped and since they're just coming from Mesa, across town, they should be here shortly.



On the way home I stopped at Home Depot and picked up a replacement oleander for the gap in the hedge, and when Alex saw it sitting there later he offered to plant it for me. I'm certainly fine with that! 


Also picked up some cilantro and basil, and got that planted in the triple cache pot.  While I haven't had any luck with cilantro over the years I'm still staying hopeful.


I was able to send Marcie home with Quilt #1 yesterday afternoon, got Quilt #2 finished last evening, and since Quilt #3 is done except for the label I expect to get that done today. 



Then I can get started cutting out 3 dozen sets of 4" squares 
for "our" charity quilt.  


No doubt Marcie will whip up that quilt, get it to Cindy, and have it ready for me to bind when I get back from Maryland.  <g>  She's been chomping at the bit to start her Antelope Canyon quilt, though first there was quite a lengthy wait for the pattern, and then the fabric set she bought for it was missing one of the colors.  Hope there's no third snafu!



Alex showed us his new suit, shirt, shoes yesterday afternoon - he'll definitely look quite spiffy! - which is when I found out that Aja is flying in today to go to the wedding with him tomorrow.  She called him just as we were finishing up dinner last evening, and when he had me answer the phone she said she's bringing a gift for me.  With a little luck the leggings will arrive in a timely fashion and I'll have a  gift for her also.



Read until 11 last night, and woke up at 4 this morning, 
so didn't get as much sleep as I wanted (or need!) 



On the plus side, 
I should be able to get lots done before I head off to the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment