Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Not sure how much I'll get done today, though yesterday was pretty busy.

During yesterday's morning soak (forgot that it was the pool guy's day for service, but luckily there were no surprises because instead of showing up in the morning he appeared in the late afternoon) I called Marilyn.  Just wanted to make sure that she didn't take my new plans, leaving Maryland right as she's slated to arrive, personally!  


Turns out she's rethinking her plans for driving Stubby to Ohio for the big show, and may skip it this year.  IF that's the case, she might fly to Maryland for a few days instead, which would be wonderful.



I actually got started on the final border of the scrap quilt yesterday.  Fussy-cutting the pattern is time-consuming, and also wasteful; basically I'm going to lose every other row.  But I think I'm going to have just enough.... Sure hope so!!!!!!!!!! 



The bottom border is on (and looking good!) and the top one is ready to be attached.



I made an early morning trip to Target (love how empty it is that time of day) and got everything on my somewhat lengthy list, including a new printer.  Of course that's still in the box <g> but with a little luck I will be able to find someone to hook it up for me!



Another errand yesterday was to Walgreens to print up the dozen photos of "missing" pix for my quilt album.  It was successful because this time I actually had the photos loaded onto the flash drive.  Most came out okay, though the bird pillow ended up without the BIRDWATCHER at 'label' at the bottom.  I actually need to get a larger album since I don't think I have 12 sleeves left in the current one. Yes, the pix are still in the Walgreens envelope... <g>



Marcie brought a couple of her quilts with her in the afternoon; one needed binding (I got that done last night!) and both need their labels attached.  Brownie got his nails clipped - at least on 3 1/2 of his feet.  She 'saved' his left front paw, the tender one, for last.  It did not go well, even with Tom helping us.  After many, many tries Marcie had to give up and let Brownie "win".


We consoled ourselves by going through my scrap tubs for bright fabrics to coordinate with our latest project, a quilt using the gray FQs she won when Cindy played LRC for her at Saturday's Sewcial.  I'm tasked with cutting the bright scraps into 35 sets of five 4-inch squares (easy job... and just right for me!) for the Friendship Star pattern she selected.  When done, the plan is to donate the quilt to Foothills for one of their quarterly raffles. 



I was up early today, and before 5:00 I tried calling Mom, hoping to find her in her room. I wanted to give her an extra hug on today's sad anniversary, but there was no answer.  Maybe she was at breakfast a little before 8:00?  




Off for my morning soak now, 
and then I plan to get back to working on my quilt borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment