Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Yesterday, working on my things-to-do list before I leave, I called Joy about picking up our mail after Tom leaves and before I get home - and of course she is fine with grabbing ours when she gets hers.  She then asked if we had heard the sirens at 2 am a couple of nights ago.  Happily we didn’t! 


She was up making her nightly trip, and looked out the window to see what was going on.  When she saw a police car was stopped on our corner right in front of our house, her first thought was that Tom had had another medical emergency - which of course was not the case.   Then the ambulance arrived and turned west onto Westcott, followed by a firetruck, and the police car tagged along behind them.



Last evening I got started on the current binding project. It was slower going than usual (black thread and binding on dark backing) but I did make progress before my eyes said “enough”.  Was hoping to be far enough along to finish it today, but that may not happen.



We saw serious puddles yesterday over by TOSQ (just 3 or 4 miles from here) though here at the house we didn’t get anything other than a few isolate sprinkles until last evening.  Before it really started coming down (with intense thunder and lightning) I took Brownie out back under the eave where the grass isn’t wet, and raindrops aren’t falling on our head. 



But he played the prima donna card, running right back to the door 
with no intention of taking care of business.  


No idea if he ended up making a trip outside during the night... 
but if he did, the dog door spits him out into unprotected territory.



I woke up at 5:30 this morning, and was heading into the kitchen to make coffee when I got a phone call from Alex.  Late last night he'd gotten an e-mail from work changing his plans.  He is considerably bummed that he is not flying home from Texas today after all.  Instead they're sending him to CA to do some things and then drive the Penske (to Phoenix?) 'at some point'.  He had only packed enough clothes for the Ubbi Dubbi festival - which got some serious rain, necessitating evacuation at one point, and muddying all his clothes.  In addition, he was finally going to have his initial hour-long visit at the chiropractor tomorrow (which I've already cancelled, and rescheduled for next week...hoping he'll actually be around!)  He had also relisted the BMW, letting people know he'd be around for a few days for test drives; it would be nice if he could get it sold before insurance comes due the end of May.  



Had a nice soak in the hot tub, and enjoyed a long chat with Patti.  They still haven't found a house, which is causing lot of aggravation and frustration.  Just isn't anything on the market there other than tiny houses (1000 sq feet) or too-large ones (over 3000 sq ft.), neither of which they are interested in.



Laptop gave me major headaches this morning.  


When I fired it up this morning, waiting on my coffee, it seemed fine, but in my morning fog instead of hitting the space bar I accidentally hit the power button, turning it off.  I waited the requisite 30 seconds before trying to turn it back on, but it was in a snit and no matter what I tried it wouldn't turn back on again.   


It was plugged in, so it was fully charged. and I tried EVERYTHING to get it to turn on.  Once Tom got up I asked for his input, and of course everything he suggested I had already tried.  But naturally that time it worked.  Frustrating, of course, but I'm understandably happy that it's happy again.



Tom, however, is not happy.  His gout flared up the last couple of days on his meds (!), he can barely walk again, and is getting no sleep due to the pain.  


On the plus side, once the pain resurfaced I had "suggested" he go back to the doctor, and he is later this morning.  Maybe this time the doc will prescribe some pain meds (he refused to do that last time!)



Since I couldn't play on the computer this morning I took advantage of last night's rain and did some weeding in the yard.  Had to use the shovel, but got rid of most of the high crop of dandelions around the pool.


No comments:

Post a Comment