Saturday, April 20, 2019

Actually spoke to Mom late yesterday - long story - but the good news is that her shingles are responding to treatment and getting smaller.  She sounded much better than the last time I spoke with her (Monday?) so we both hope that she is still on target to go home on the 30th.



Phoenix just missed hitting triple digits yesterday, only getting up to 99.  If the news last night mentioned the average date to hit that milestone, I missed it.  



Struggled to stay up last night until 8:00, when I headed to bed and read for just a short while.  Then I slept well, even managing to fall back asleep after a 4:00 bathroom run, so I'm a very happy camper with a full complement of ZZZ under my belt.


After I finished up on the computer (reading my e-mail, making moves on my Scrabble games, working today's crossword puzzle, and scrolling through FB) I still had plenty of time left <g> to sew on the final label - so I was able to return that quilt to Marcie when I picked her up for our trip to Mary's mid-morning.



Brownie behaved himself (mostly) over at Mary's, and even 'asked' to go out when he needed to.  Wasn't sure he'd know to do that out since here he has the dog door, but certainly glad he figured it out.  However he was not able to figure out how to convince cat Merlin to play with him, though he certainly tried.



The three of us had a very enjoyable visit, as always when we get together.  I was back home around noon since I didn't know when Alex and Aja would be heading to Chandler for the 5:00 wedding.  Unfortunately I missed them anyway; they had come by the house when we were at Mary's. At least I didn't miss seeing them all dressed up; apparently they were going to take their clothes with them and dress there.    

I cut out a bunch more sets of squares, so when Marcie and Latina visited later in the afternoon I had more to send home with her, and then after they left I cut out a whole bunch more.  Almost got them all done when I ran out of steam, but should certainly get the remaining sets done long before she needs them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment