Tuesday, April 2, 2019

After the gym (where we worked around my cranky right Achilles tendon and my kvetching left shoulder) I made a shopping foray at Kohl's to see if I could find some shorts for Tom; his are all falling apart.  Picked up three different ones for him to 'sample' - and a couple of long-but-lightweight tank tops for me - but once home discovered that he'd made his own shopping trip and picked up some already.  He says he told me... but I sure have no memory of that!



Tom did a mowing marathon today in the Back 40 and around the back house, etc. and now it's a lot easier to play fetch with Brownie out there.  It's clear that Brownie loves chasing the ball (and of course Alex throws it MUCH farther than I can) except that he seems to think that the end-game is Keep Away.



After lunch Alex and I headed over to the credit union to see about switching his truck payments from a payment booklet (where I have to mail in a check for him) to automatic withdrawal from his account.  Turns out that they needed a voided check, but like most of his generation Alex has never had a checkbook.  So he had to cruise over to his bank to get a check, and in theory the change-over is all taken care of now.  I'd gone with him today because I thought I might need to sign off on something (the stub book came in my name) but I didn't.  



Alex decided today was the day for his first swim of the season - and so it was also a good chance for Brownie to show off his swimming skills.  His dog paddle 'stroke' is adequate, but he was obviously not a happy swimmer today, and exited at the first opportunity.
 

Maybe the water is still too cold for him?  
Even after we toweled him off he shivered for a minute or two.


I took a video, which turned out great - except that it's too large to post here.  Turns out the limit is 100 MB, and the clip is almost 4 times that.  



This afternoon I made the deviled eggs for tomorrow's party at Busy Bees, and then Brownie and I were invited up to Latina's.  You'd think he'd never been on a leash before, and his behavior was beyond frustrating.  Not sure why he kept flopping down on his back and refusing to move - but at least he did better on the walk home because Latina came part of the way and got him started.  Still, once we walked through the drive-through gate here at home he again refused to move.  




Tried calling Mom today at 5:00 our time, and let the phone in her room ring a long time.  Pretty sure she's back from dinner and in her room at 8:00 at night, but maybe that phone still isn't ringing.  Hope that once Sandy brings Mom her cellphone (tomorrow?) I'll have better luck reaching her!



Alex is taking us out to dinner tonight at Poke.  I loved my meal there with him a few weeks ago, and have been wanting to go back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment