Thursday, April 4, 2019

On the drive up to Anthem Wednesday night for book club I discovered Myra and Ruth and I were all on same page - no pun intended.  We were all tired, and none of us enjoyed the book.  But the socializing was fun - and the food was wonderful.  My apple slaw turned out well, and got a good review, and there were lots of other yummy salads.  (I definitely need to get Ruth's recipe for her pea salad.)  Both Myra and Cheri had bags of frozen strawberry tops they'd saved for Pokey.



This morning I had an early morning blood draw appointment, and while I was out and about I returned my library books, bought an 18" tile at Floor & Decor (I need it cut on the diagonal for my "project" but they don't cut them), dropped off the latest batch of spools and tins for Kathi - and was still home before Tom got up.



In a productive mood, I took care of various other things on my To Do List: I made a car appointment for Monday (for all deferred services - serpentine belt, various fluid exchanges, etc.) and Brownie's training appt for Tuesday.  Sure hope Abby can figure out why he is so resistant to the leash.  It's especially strange since he made such great progress in the beginning.  Also made substantial headway on mucking off my desk, though there's always more to sift through.



Tried to walk up to Marcie's with Brownie, but it was beyond frustrating - and I admit I lost my temper and yelled at him before giving up.  


  
With time before I needed to head to the chiropractor I worked on my quilt, though ran into a number of snafus (it is SO frustrating to "sew" an entire length, pulling out pins as I go, only to find at the end that it wasn't sewing and I need to repin everything.  Grrrr!  



But eventually I managed to get the bottom row sashed and attached 
before it was time to leave.



Discovered at the chiropractor that it's my glute that's caused the Achille tendon to become aggravated.   Unfortunately the massage to work out the knot was incredibly painful despite the fact that he wasn't using much pressure.  



Finally got through and talked to Mom today!  She's making very slow progress, and there's still no timeline for her release.  We both hope she's back home by my arrival the beginning of May!



This afternoon/evening I got the top row sashed and attached (despite more of the same snafus...) so am leaving the sides to do tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment