Wednesday, April 3, 2019

I had what I thought was a great idea for taking Brownie on a walk on 37th this morning.  I assumed that bringing along treats would easily entice him to walk with me.  Incredibly it did not work; we never even got off of our property.


It wasn't until another dog (a Westie?) out for a morning walk passed by that Brownie was  'convinced' to get up and move.... as in lunge after him.



Alex popped over this morning before heading back to CA.  He had a new flavor of Rockstar (not even released yet) with him which was surprisingly tasty.



Before heading to Busy Bees I went to put on some of the non-greasy aloe lotion, the jar of which was sitting on the table next to couch in family room.  And that turned out to be a very good thing, because Brownie had deposited a dead bird in that corner.  Not sure if he caught/killed it himself, or just dragged an already-dead carcass in.  But at least I was able to dispose of it before Brownie did anything with it.



By the time I got to Busy Bees the program had already started, so I missed the beginning of Margaret's presentation of her needle-turn Hawaiian quilts.  What stunners!  Everyone got a pattern with directions (and fabric!) to make a small one ourselves.  That hand project may be something to bring to work on during my upcoming trips this spring and summer.



There were lots of pretty "Hawaiian" outfits;
I wore some new leggings along with the tunic that arrived yesterday.


Everyone got Hawaiian-theme name tags and pretty leis to wear to complete our ensembles.



Carol let me know about the new budget which will allow 'our' library (Agave branch) to open on Sunday (yay!) While it will still be closed on Monday, my errand day, she also gave me info on how to contact my Phoenix City Councilperson about getting the library open EVERY day!

EveryLibraryEveryDay.com
The Hawaiian-themed potluck was yummy, and I was even able to bring home a few leftover deviled eggs for Tom.  Then this afternoon I whipped up Linda's apple slaw for tonight's book club, and hope there will be some leftovers from that to bring home for me.



I had scheduled the needed carpet cleaning (Brownie had a few accidents his first day or so here) for Tuesday when Tom was sheduled to be gone fishing for a few days.  But when I went to put that appointment on the calendar I realized that's when our next irrigation is.  Sigh...




I cancelled since it's "possible" that Brownie will track in some mud - and it would be nice to have pristine carpets for more than an hour or two, right?


But now with all the uncertainty at the border
Tom is rethinking the plan to head down to Rocky Point.



Just got an e-mail from Mary, with pix of Lynn with her heart quilt
(which, of course, she LOVED!)


No comments:

Post a Comment