Wednesday, April 17, 2019

We knew Alex was heading home late last night - he said he expected to arrive around 3 am this morning - so I was surprised to see him awake, driving in as I was pulling out of driveway to head to quilting. Turns out he got sick Monday, and was coming home from picking up some meds at the drug store.  But mostly what he needs is some sleep.



At Busy Bees I was able to loan Patti the t-shirt quilt book that was such a big help to me, and also hand off more fabric to Peggy for her charity quilts.  Picking up snacks to nibble on during the meeting I got a chuckle out this bell sitting on the counter.  Maybe I should get one for Tom?



During the meeting I worked on binding the third quilt of Marcie's, and made good progress.  I showed all three of them during Show & Tell, of course giving her full credit, and the ladies were appropriately impressed.



Betsy showed us her scrappy mason jar hexie quilt, 
and that's a fun one to add to The List.


The hexies puff up because of all the folded fabric.


The sides are open; you can poke in a finger.


  
Then Ada did a demo on a tube quilt pattern she's going to have the ladies make during the charity sew.  It makes a very effective quilt and is one I could make with one of my jelly rolls, so it's another one for The List.  


Monica brought in a book quilt she'd made for a nephew 20 years ago that's been so well-loved it had needed serious repairs.  Though it's an old pattern it's one I'd never seen before, and of course since it's books I like it. 

 
Penny did a search on her phone and was able to find the pattern, so that's yet another one for The List - which just continues to grow...



On the way home I swung by Target to return the two shirts I bought the other day since neither one fit right.  'As long as I was in the neighborhood' I picked up another bag of Blue Wilderness for Brownie before the $3 Off coupons expire the end of this month.



When I got home there was a message on the machine from Phyllis about setting up our much needed appointment with Becky, so I called back to arrange that.  Her only opening next week is Tuesday, and I originally made the appointment for the afternoon so it wouldn't conflict with the gym.  But as I was writing it down on the calendar it struck me that Tuesday afternoon will most likely be when we get irrigation (schedule won't be out until Friday?) and we'll definitely want to be here the whole time to monitor the new pipes.  So I called back and switched it to the morning, which means I'll have to reschedule the gym... or I could just cancel!



By the time I made it outside Tom and Mitch were well on their way to widening and deepening yesterday's trench so the bigger pipe would fit.  


It's not been easy work for either of them; Tom's no spring chicken, and Mitch got banged up over the weekend when he was knocked over by a golf-cart 'ambulance' at Country Thunder.  However the pipes are in now and should alleviate the problem!


It won't take long for the sun to bake the 'new' dirt 
to blend in with everything else.


The pipes are all different diameters - and different lengths so they ended up at two different starting points - but I don't think Queen Elizabeth will care when she comes to visit.



Rocks also needed to be laid at the other end.



No comments:

Post a Comment