Friday, April 12, 2019

Wednesday morning's program at Foothills, with Kelly Grant, was impressive.  She brought 10 over-sized tubs which held LOTS of stunning paper-pieced quilts; she must never sleep!  (I took photos of each one, which I have yet to load onto the computer, and of course before I can post them on Shutterfly I'll need to resize and crop them.)   


Our luncheon afterward was rife with yummy salads, and several ladies were quite happy to see that I'd brought my "famous" deviled eggs.



Thursday morning I had my annual visit with my PCP.  Despite a 9:30 appointment (and being me, of course I was there early) she didn't take me until after 10:00 - so by the time I got out of there it was after 11:00.  Thus I missed going with Marcie over to the Pig to "help" choose a pattern and thread color when she dropped off another quilt for Cindy.  


No real fixes for my insomnia - though I learned that one of the meds I take to help stave off a recurrence of breast cancer may be one of the culprits.    


So next time I see the oncologist I'll see if I can back off on those meds?  


Bloodwork revealed that my MCHC level, which was just under normal last year, has dropped more this year, and could explain why I am so tired all the time: 

fatigue and chronic tiredness
easily bruised
dizziness
weakness
loss of stamina

I do already include quite a number of iron-rich foods in my diet, but will see if I can ramp them up even more.  (Or maybe take an iron pill?)  The doc didn't seem too worried by my low number.  



I swung by the library on my way home and picked up My Dear Hamilton, the selection for June's book club.  With a little luck I can get it read before I blast off for Maryland. 



There was time for a quick lunch and then it was off to the chiropractor.  My main issue is still my foot - and he found quite the tender spot to work on.  Surprisingly, for a change he isn't sure what is causing it, but we'll keep working on it.



At my suggestion Marcie dropped off Latina for a "date" with Brownie 
while she went to acupuncture.  



The dogs are getting along swimmingly; he has calmed down around her, and she has finally become comfortable around another dog (and may be learning that she is one?)  When Marcie returned from her appointment she had gotten an excited text from Cindy, so of course she couldn't wait to head over and see the finished products.  Since we knew we'd only be gone a few minutes we left the pooches home alone for a trial run and zoomed over - where we were surprised to find her gate closed.  A phone call remedied that - but Cindy should have known that her text would bring Marcie right over!  Two of Marcie's three quilts were done (love how they turned out!) and the third one was well on its way and would be ready for pick up today - way beyond a speedy turn-around time!


And as an added bonus, when we got home the house was still standing <g> 
and the dogs were just fine.



I was surprised when Alex waltzed in 5:00 - just long enough to drop off a laundry basket (I always offer though he rarely takes me up on it) before zooming off to pick up some things in Scottsdale; he had to blast off back to California early this morning.   Tom appeared a few minutes later with bundles of tortillas and lots of fish.  (I used some of our tortillas to make burritos for dinner, and they certainly are WAY better than any we can get at the store.) When Brownie and I delivered Marcie's tortillas to her, Mike got to see how well the pooches are getting along.  


Alex "bet" me he could get Brownie to walk on the leash, so after dinner we headed out.  Unfortunately we did not make it off of our property - and Alex is as bumfuzzled as everyone else is by Brownie's leash behavior.


No comments:

Post a Comment