Saturday, February 8, 2014

Yesterday's gym session went well - but then it (almost) always does.  And I've already scheduled my other make-up session for next Friday.  I've been very pleased with how things have progressed since I started with Jim last July - and yesterday I found out that there's a customer satisfaction survey clients can fill out.  Too often businesses only hear back when there's a problem or complaint (I know that I've written my share of letters!) but it's also important for them to know when/what things are going well!  No surprise I gave Jim a glowing report, with positive comments.

I got in 10 minutes on the elliptical before my session, cruising along at a higher speed than usual - and felt like I easily could have kept going when Jim came to collect me.  Never have gotten in a full 30-minute cardio program, but I do see some in the future, and music will be nice.*  There is music at the club, and keeping up with the beat may be one reason I'm going faster.  I was, however, 'dancing' to the side, which is not good form.  Glad Jim caught me doing that so he could correct my form.

I was a little early heading to the gym yesterday (because I'd planned to get in a longer cardo warm-up) and so was able to stop in at a small yard sale.  In fact it was so small I almost didn't bother to stop, but sure glad I did - I found a stunning dress for Julianna to grow into (it said size 2, but of course she's so tiny it might have to wait until she's 3), and an adorable penguin backpack and book for Willie.  I dropped them off this afternoon before I thought to take pix - but what a steal for a dollar and a half!  The kids were sleeping when I popped over, but I had a nice visit with Estera, and did get to meet the new nanny, Lydia, who will be there (from Romania) for 3 months.

My car has had a little trouble starting for the past several mornings, although it would behave itself the rest of the day.  No real surprise, since batteries have a short life span in Arizona, and at least this one gave me a 'warning'! (Wonder why my car never actually gave a 'low battery' alert?)

I've been backing into the garage (and finding pull-through spaces in parking lots) 'just in case' I needed a jump.  (I never did.)  Yesterday when I got home from the gym I mentioned the issue to Tom, who checked to make sure I didn't have a loose connection (nope) and that there was water in all the cylinders (yep).  We did manage to get it into Fletcher's around noon for a new battery (they are always busy); while it was there they also managed to do the oil change and tire rotation originally scheduled for next week.  That was a pleasant surprise when we went to pick it up at closing because they still hadn't started on it when I called to check at 4:00 - and I'd told them at 4:00 that the battery was the priority, and I could   :-(  come back next week for my previously scheduled appointment for the oil change/tire rotation "if I had to."  But now I don't have to!  :-)

*Speaking of appointments, I made one at the Apple store at the mall (now that I know you need one!) for next week so hopefully I can get my mini iPod (my Chanukah gift from Alex) going so I can use it at the gym.  (I plan to be there more now that all my PT is finally over.)  I also wanted to make a massage appointment yesterday (Mike at PT is running a great special through the 21st) but had to wait and see if I could cancel next Thursday's oil change appt and free up that day (several things scheduled each day before that... busy, busy, busy!) And by the time I knew (5:30) that next Thursday had opened up I figured it was too late to call PT.

We watched the OLY Opening Ceremonies last night, although I just couldn't stay awake until the end.  Good thing I taped it!  I've also made note of the times my favorite events (ice pairs and ice dancing) will be aired so I have less of a chance of spacing those out - though I would like to watch the other ice skating events also.

Now it's time to shower and dress and get ready to head off to the AQS quilt show this morning.  Fun, fun, fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment