Saturday, February 15, 2014

Although cross-training was originally scheduled for yesterday at the gym, my back wouldn't even let me do some of my warm-ups, so we switched over to upper body.  Every workout Jim seems to introduce me to new things; yesterday it was the Universal machine. The rest of my day was pretty much spent on the heating pad (except when Alyce stopped by to pick up her new Thermorest pad and visit for a bit.)  

I'm a little better this morning, but still in no shape to spend the day walking around the Tucson Gem & Mineral show with Tom and Lisa (and Chas?)

Carlo left early this morning to head back to Idaho.  It's in the mid (to upper!) 80s here, and Idaho is getting slammed with yet another storm this weekend.  We tried to convince him to stay a little longer (at least until the storm passes?!) but he was here longer than he originally planned and has stuff he needs to deal with back home.  Obviously the problem was all in his planning: winter in Idaho or Arizona?  It's a no-brainer for me!


I've been enjoying the Winter Olympics, especially the ice skating.  Marilyn sent me this clip of a 2-year-old skater from Kazan, the "Sports capital of Russia".  Cute!


And now a few more quilts from last weekend's AQS show.

"Not Your Mother's ABCs"

close-up of Mr. Giraffe

And Mr. Tortoise

"Mother of Eight"

nice and bright - reminds me of the rain forest

Marine Birds

See how many different blocks you can identify by name.

Not as colorful as another one I've seen at a different show - but still delightful.


beautiful work

Corgi Fairytale was a great way to show off her quilting, with some color added :)

Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment