Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Last night, shortly after I'd gone to sleep (at 9:30) my phone woke me up with a sub job at BGHS for today (which I declined, because I have two appointments scheduled.)  This morning I woke up at 5:15, and had just gotten out of bed when the phone rang at 5:20 - with another job at BGHS (obviously also declined.)  First order of business today was to update my Sub Profile to not call before 6:00 - and then I updated my Unavailable Dates.

The job for this morning was for a teacher who's 8 1/2 months pregnant and in the hospital; the info said the lesson plans would be sent in.  Yesterday, Jim was understandably stressed because his daughter (who is also 8 1/2 months pregnant) had been taken to the hospital after she fell hard on her stomach - when she was chasing her toddler who was about to run into the street in front of a car!  I hope to hear on Friday, when I see Jim, that all is well with both Mom and the baby.


How about some more quilt pix?

This is the new Wonky Log Cabin from Quilt-In-A-Day.  The ruler makes it a breeze, and I assume that Pat will bring some with her when she comes to Foothills next November.  Beverly, the QIAD woman who was demo-ing it, is going to be doing a class at Mulqueen's in April.  She said that if I could get together an order of 20 or so she'd give me a 30% discount.  Hmmmmm....


No surprise that these colorful quilts caught my eye!  A few may look washed out, but take my word for it, they were all incredibly vibrant!



  









There was one section of absolutely exquisite quilts that were not allowed to be photographed.  Some of the wall-hangings were constructed of such miniature blocks that it's hard to believe adult hands could do them.  There was another quilt (of Starry Night by Van Gogh) that I loved, and had to settle for taking this pic in hopes of finding a picture of the quilt later.  I'm guessing Heather's cousin Vinny loves that painting?

And here is the picture I found of it on the web - need I say that this photo does not even begin to do justice to the quilt? 



No comments:

Post a Comment