Tuesday, February 4, 2014

It was gray and windy and cold (yes, I know that's a relative term!) here yesterday.  So I took several soaks in the hot tub, and also spent time on the heating pad; my old bones do not like the cold.  On the plus side, I finished up the newest Fannie Flagg book (that Anita had recommended - her book club enjoyed it) which is due back at the library today.  

Since there's a waiting list for the book there are no renewals allowed for it; naturally I had floated to the top of the HOLD list in the midst of the past few crazy weeks.  But not only was it was a thoroughly enjoyable read, it also turned out to have some substance.  Here's a paragraph from a few pages in that had me laughing out loud.
And Ce Ce, Le Le's twin sister, the last girl to marry, had carried her ten-pound Persian cat, Peek-a-Boo, down the aisle instead of a wedding bouquet, and the groom's German shepherd, dressed in a tux, had served as best man.  And if that wasn't bad enough, someone's turtle was the ring bearer.  The entire thing had been excruciating.  You can't hurry a turtle.

Estera called yesterday wanting to know how my dirt project is going because Bennie needs his trailer back.  My project 'isn't', and I just told her to have him come pick it up.  It's too dark out there to see yet, but I assume it's gone.  Tom will be doing a happy dance today.

I had a delightful conversation yesterday with Dan at Cascade Designs, trying to order another 11 Thermorest trail seats for the ladies.  I have the last invoice here (from last April) and thought it would be a piece of cake.  Strangely enough the invoice did not show anywhere that it was a web purchase; just had the Seattle address, phone, etc.  But since I started a Cascade Designs account through the web, Dan could not get his computer to work through it for a 'direct' sale.  Of course that came as no real surprise to me.... computers have been aggravating me for years.

And it was no big deal to wait on the phone while Dan was doing his best at that end since I was busy losing at solitaire.  He finally gave up and suggested I just order through the web again, and since I don't have to shovel dirt today that frees me up <g> to work through some of the stuff like that piled on my desk.

Some things I actually accomplished yesterday afternoon: made a PT appointment with Noelle for Thursday (possibly my last one) and scheduled a make-up day with Jim-at-the-gym for Friday.  And this morning I plowed through the upcoming schedules of the ROOSI quilt camp group, and actually found a Thursday/Friday/Saturday slot in late April that should work for all 5 of us!!!! Now just waiting to hear back from the ladies (once they wake up) that the dates I chose truly will work for us to get together here.

Then I'll be able to post this:

No comments:

Post a Comment