Monday, February 24, 2014

Here it is not even noon on this Monday 
and already I've gotten a whole bunch of stuff accomplished.  

I just LOVE crossing things off of my list!  

I was able to start my day with some freshly-squeezed OJ and a soak in the hot tub (although at only 95 degrees it still isn't hot enough to suit me.)  Then it was off to the gym, where we targeted upper body and the half hour passed quickly - although I do expect some soreness over the next few days.  

The post office, just a few block away, was my next stop.  It was surprisingly empty for a Monday morning (and when one of the 'tellers' commented on that to her fellow worker, I was the first one to cheer!) so it didn't take long to get my package to Texas started on its way.  Happy Birthday, Don! 
FYI my brother-in-law Don shares his birthday with Dr. Seuss.  

And since Home Depot is right across the street from the post office it seemed like a perfect time to stop in there and pick up some 'necessities': a tub of spackle (I'm finally going to tackle the huge number of holes in Alex's bedroom walls), a length of green sun shade (the pool no longer has privacy from the street after the forest was trimmed), potting soil (almost all the plants on the front porch need to be repotted), and also a couple of cherry tomato plants (going to give that a try out back in a spot that gets full morning sun, but shade in the afternoon.)  Here's hoping I end up with something like this!

I did get dinner into the crockpot before I left for the gym, so that's taken care of.  When I got home from all my running around Tom asked what was in there (it's hard to tell with the goop on the very top hiding what's below) and he says it doesn't look very appetizing.  I do have to agree with him - but since several ladies have raved to me about the recipe I'm hopeful.  Of course the true test will come at dinnertime, and rest assured I will be posting the final results; tune in tomorrow to find out what Tom's assessment is!

No comments:

Post a Comment