Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I did get Alex's bag done this afternoon!  Here are the front and back panels during construction. 



I was proud of myself for being able to tweak the dimensions of the strips to fit the fabric.  But you know what they say...

Obviously when fussy cutting my strips I forgot that I'd be 'losing' the bottom parts of them.  SIGH

Still, I think Alex will be pleased with it.  At least I hope so!  

Tom and Carlo went to Tucson for the Gem & Mineral Show and won't be home until late, so I was on my own for dinner.  I had a craving for Chinese, so I called in a takeout order to the China Bistro which is only 3 miles away.  My order was ready when I got there, but I would have been happier if I'd just grabbed one of the tables and eaten it there: rush hour traffic on 59th Ave. was so bad and the line of cars leaving the (small!) strip mall so incredibly long that it took me 11 minutes (!) just to get out of the parking lot!  (I could see that it was going to be a considerable wait, which is why I timed it!)

But while I was (finally) getting to eat I spotted Mr. Peacock out the kitchen window - and he was displaying for the guinea hen!  I grabbed my camera, although the pictures are not the best because I stood just outside the door in order not to spook him.  Still, it was exciting!

My first view was from the back

but then he did turn around so I could get a better shot.




No comments:

Post a Comment