Sunday, February 16, 2014

I spent much of yesterday (which was a bee-yoo-tee-ful one) on the heating pad.  In between I did get some stuff done around here, but it was a good thing I passed on the Tucson trip.  Tom got back at 8:30 pretty wiped out from the full day of walking around - I would have been a mess!

In the Weather Dept: Carlo called Tom at 8:00 last night to let us know that he was walking in his front door; he had been able to do the entire 800-mile trip home in one day after all as he had hoped - and didn't run into any weather on his drive!  

In MD my brother & SIL got 16 inches of snow (below is their view out the front door at Mink Hollow while it was still coming down), and friends Lisa & Eric got 21.  Mom, who has everything she needs at Riderwood, didn't get nearly as much.

In the Thank Goodness Dept: When I talked to Mom this morning she mentioned that Ted had fallen a few times recently, one time in the late evening while carrying a wine bottle in one hand and a glass in the other.  While the bottle didn't break so at least the wine was saved <G> the glass of course shattered - plus Ted was unable to get himself up.  Riderwood Security came to the rescue, and Housekeeping came and cleaned up.  And Ted didn't break any of his 92-year-old bones, though he may have used up another of his (more than) 9 lives! 
  
Now I'm just waiting for it to be late enough to call Linda for some help with applique for my UGLY Quilt challenge for Foothills, due March 12.  I'd had a partial plan but came up with an additional idea yesterday, so today I hope to pretty much pull it all together.

My back is somewhat improved today, but sadly not enough to try out Jim's group class this afternoon.  Maybe next Sunday?


No comments:

Post a Comment