Thursday, February 20, 2014

Today was another great day.  

I started off at Starbucks with Jeannie and some of the Night Owl ladies.  One had brought the Quindow entry their chapter had made (for the frame shop) so now I already know 2 of the entries.  I did take a picture of it, but it wouldn't be fair to share it on my blog until after the Quindow activity is over.
 

One of the ladies mentioned the scrapbook that Penny made for Wanda (about the AZ Centennial quilt that Wanda spearheaded) and later Wanda brought it by here to show me.  It's a detailed documentation of the quilt from inception through production, and also followed it on its trip to Washington, D.C.  VERY impressive!!!  

And I wish I'd known many of those details when I saw the quilt last weekend at the show - but hopefully I'll get a chance to see the quilt again before too long.  

I learned that it's two separate quilts; the tops were a team effort (incredible detail is obvious in the close-up pix), and each was quilted by a different quilter.  The hanging sleeve is in-between the two, which were then carefully tacked together, from the inside, to keep it from buckling.   

Just in case you've forgotten what it looked like, here it is again:

front
back

Late this afternoon I had a wonderful <sigh> massage from Mike, who works at Arrowhead PT.  This second massage from him was even better than the first (on a scale of 1-10 I rated it an 11!)  

And now it's time to go watch the final skating competition of the Olys.  With less than a point separating the top three ladies after last night's short program it should be one helluva show tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment